Asociación BEST-UC3M (hereinafter “BEST” or”us”) is a Youth Association registered in the Autonomous Community of Madrid with NIF G84545086 and address at Office 4.0.F14, Avenida de la Universidad, 30, 28911, Leganés, Madrid, Spain.
Table of Contents
BEST obtains the following types of data from users of our services:
– Personally identifiable information: When you register for our services and activities, you must provide us with your name, email, student identification number, age and gender.
– Information obtained through voluntary activities: when you send us emails, participate in our activities, participate in surveys or when you fill out our forms. The information we get from you depends on the type of activity, but we will probably ask you about your university, the studies you are studying, your current academic year, your curriculum vitae and any of your interests, opinions or preferences in order to offer you a personalized and tailored service. In the event that it is necessary to photograph the activities that we will carry out, we will ask you to accept an agreement to grant us permission to take photos in which you appear. You will have the right to tell us no without prejudice to your participation in our activities.
– Information obtained from third parties: When you participate in our activities on behalf of a company, organization or other entity, your entity is likely to send us personally identifiable information about you.
We will use your personal data:
– To be able to provide you with our services or verify that you meet the conditions to be able to participate in them. For example, to make sure that you are effectively studying at the Carlos III University of Madrid in order to participate in some of the services we offer.
– In case there is a contractual relationship or a law that obliges us to do so and always in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data and on the free movement of such data.
– To provide you with help and respond to your requests or queries in case you ask us to.
– To send you newsletters, forms, surveys, or information related to any of our services or activities in case you give us permission to do so.
We share your personal data with third parties in the following cases:
– Other users who participate in our services. For example, when announcing the winners of our competitions we will share your name with the rest of the attendees.
– Carlos III University of Madrid. We will need to share your personal data with the university for activities that have recognition of ECTS credits in order to be able to grant them. This information will include your name and student identification number.
– IT and cloud service providers. When it comes to storing our data, we have providers including Google, Eventbrite and Remo.co.
– Police forces, public authorities, or other judicial bodies. We will share personal information if we are required to do so by law; if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a legal obligation, process, or request; enforce our contracts or policies; or if we need it to protect the safety, rights or property of BEST.
– Collaborating companies. In the event that you participate in an activity sponsored by a collaborating company, we will share personal data that you have provided to us, specifically data related to your student and work life. The collaborating companies may contact you with the aim of conducting job interviews or other professional activities if you have shown your preference for it.
The collaborating companies will have your data for a maximum period of two years from its receipt. In case you wish to exercise your rights of Access, Rectification, Deletion, Limitation of Treatment, Data Portability or Opposition, you must contact BEST and us we will ask the collaborating companies to also execute your rights.
BEST will ask for your permission before sending you information about our activities and services or the activities and services of our collaborating companies.
If you have agreed to receive our newsletters, you can always revoke your permission later.
You have the right at any time to demand that BEST stop contacting you to send you newsletters or any other information.
Your data will be processed by a limited number of BEST members and by our IT service providers in Spain and other countries of the European Union.
We will keep your personally identifiable information – in accordance with the name in point 1 – for as long as you use our services, are part of BEST or participate in our activities. Subsequently, we will keep your personal data for a period of 5 years.
In case of receiving from you a request for the deletion of data, we will delete all your data and we will ask the collaborating companies that have your data to also delete them. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is possible that, despite receiving a request for deletion from you, we may keep your personal data in the event of a legitimate interest (for example, complying with the Law or for tax and accounting reasons).
When we delete information, we will take steps to ensure that the files containing your personal data are permanently deleted.
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016,you have the right to:
– Access. You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you and to receive explanations about how we use it and with whom we share it.
– Opposition. You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. You can exercise this right to stop receiving our newsletters or to object to any processing of your data by us: by sending an email to email@example.com.
It is possible that in case of exercising your right of opposition we may have some legitimate interest to continue processing your data, in any case we will inform you.
– Portability. You have the right to receive a copy of the data we process based on your consent or a contract in a structured, commonly used and mechanically readable format, or to request that the data be sent to a third party that you have requested.
– Rectification. You have the right to rectification of personal data that is incorrect.
– Limitation. You have the right to limit the processing of your data in some specific circumstances, in accordance with current regulations.
If you wish to file a complaint or if you feel that BEST has not responded to your request in an appropriate manner, you can always contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency at www.aepd.es.